By becoming a Member of Lower Park Farm Co-operative you are:
- Renewable energy generation and low-carbon energy production
- Use of digestate (fertiliser) for sustainable high-quality food production from British farms with reduced reliance on fossil-fuel based fertilisers
- The reduction of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions for slurry and on-farm wastes
- Energy production through working together to fund the installation of the Anaerobic Digester
- Constant energy production 24/7
- The rural economy and the creation of jobs
The energy (electricity and heat) generated by the Anaerobic Digester is eligible for the Government’s Renewable Energy Financial Incentive Scheme (FITs and RHI).
- Based on the predicted income from the energy generated, Members who have purchased Shares will benefit from a fixed interest rate of 8% over a predicted 10 years.
The National Farmers’ Union (NFU) has estimated that, by 2020, some 1000 farm waste AD facilities could be operational across the UK. In addition, the Anaerobic Digestion and Bioresources Association (ADBA) claims that there is room in the market to build 2 AD facilities every week for the next 10 years.